What information do we collect?
Depending on how you interact with us (online, offline, over the phone, etc.),We collect various types of information from you, as described below. Personal Information: Such information may include but is not limited to your name, email address, postal addresses and telephone number(s) and identification number.
Account login information: Any information that is required to give you access to your specific account profile. Examples include your login ID/email address, date of birth, screen name, password in unrecoverable form, and/or security question and answer.
Demographic information & interests: Any information that describes your demographic or behavioural characteristics. Examples include your date of birth, age or age range, gender, geographic location, favourite products, hobbies and interests, and household or lifestyle information.
Information from computer/mobile device: Any information about the computer system or other technological device that you use to access one of our websites or apps, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, operating system type, and web browser type and version. If you access our website or app via a mobile device such as a smartphone, the collected information will also include, where permitted, your phone’s unique device ID, geo-location, and other similar mobile device data.
Websites/communication usage information: As you navigate through and interact with our websites or newsletters, we use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your actions. This includes information such as which links you click on, which pages or content you view and for how long, and other similar information and statistics about your interactions, such as content response times, download errors and length of visits to certain pages. This information is captured using automated technologies such as cookies and web beacons and is also collected through the use of third party tracking for analytics and advertising purposes.
Market research & consumer feedback: Any information that you voluntarily share with us about your experience of using our services such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our agents, third party representatives or service providers, your communication preferences and your chat, email or call history on the Platform or with third party customer service providers.
Payment and Financial information: Any information that we need to fulfil an order, or that you use to make a purchase using our Platforms, such as your debit or credit card details (cardholder name, card number, expiration date, etc.) or other forms of payment (if such are made available).
We do not sell products to minors, i.e., individuals below the age of 18, on the Platforms and we do not knowingly collect any personal data relating to minors. You hereby confirm and warrant that you are above the age of 18 and are capable of understanding and accepting the terms of this Policy.
If you allow a minor to access the Platforms and buy products from the Platforms by using your account, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s personal data and accept and agree to be bound by this Policy and take responsibility for his or her actions.
We will not be responsible for any unauthorized use of your account on the Platforms by yourself, users who act on your behalf or any unauthorized users. It is your responsibility to make your own informed decisions about the use of the Platforms and take necessary steps to prevent any misuse of the Platforms.
How do we collect your information?
You directly provide us with most of your information that we collect. We collect that information and process it when you: • Register online or place an order for any of the products/services listed on our Platforms. • Voluntarily complete a customer survey or when you provide us with your feedback Secondly, some information may be collected automatically when you visit or use our Platforms(and those of our third-party service providers acting on our behalf), such as information collected by cookies and other technologies (such as web analytictools and pixel tags) on our Platforms.
Lastly, we may also collect information about you from other sources. These other sources may include:
• our trusted business partners; • social media sites; • consumer research organizations; and • intermediaries that facilitate data portability.
How we use your information?
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the Platforms including but not limited to:
• Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties. • Create and manage your account. • Deliver targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and the Platforms to you. • Email you regarding your account or order. • Fulfil and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions. • Generate a personal profile about you to make future visits to our Platforms more personalized. • Increase the efficiency and operation of the Platforms. • Monitor and analyse usage and trends to improve your experience with our Platforms. • Offer new products, services, and/or recommendations to you. • Perform other business activities as needed. • Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity. • Process payments and refunds. • Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Platforms. • Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems. • Respond to product and customer service requests. • Send you a newsletter.
We may further anonymize data about users of the Platforms generally and use it for various purposes, including ascertaining the general location of the users and usage of certain aspects of the Platforms or a link contained in an email to those registered to receive them, and supply that anonymized data to third parties such as publishers. However, that anonymized data will not be capable of identifying you personally.
Disclosure of Information
We use your information to enhance and personalize your experience. We do not sell or rent our users’ information to any third parties except as explained below and provided that such information will, at all times, be shared on a confidential basis and its usage will be restricted for the purposes for which it is shared or disclosed as provided in this Policy.
1. Legal Requirement We may disclose your information in good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
• To comply with a legal obligation (including to comply with the applicable laws in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan or any order(s) and/or direction(s) of all judicial, quasi-judicial and administrative bodies); • To protect and defend our rights or property; • To detect, prevent or investigate against possible wrong doing, error, fraud and other criminal or illegal activity in connection with the Service; • To protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public; and • To protect ourselves against legal liability.
1. Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
2. Third-Party Advertisers
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Platforms. These companies may use information about your visits to the website and other websites that are contained in web cookies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
3. Associated Undertakings
For the purposes of this policy Associated Undertakings means and includes all our affiliates, sister concerns, parent company, subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us or have common ultimate beneficial owners.
We may share your information with our Associated Undertakings in which case we will require those Associated Undertakings to honour this Policy.
Other than as set out in this Policy, we shall not sell or disclose your information to third parties without obtaining your prior consent. The Platforms may contain advertising of third parties and links to other sites, social media platforms or frames of other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those third parties or other sites, nor for any third party to whom we transfer your data in accordance with our Policy. However, this does not affect the terms of any privacy notice previously agreed by you with such third party.
How we store and protect your Information
The information you provide us with is stored on computer systems located in our controlled facilities which can only be accessed by a limited number of persons who have a need to know in order to carry out their tasks and any services requested by you.
Our Platforms uses encryption technology to protect your information during data transport. Such technology encrypts ordering information such as your name, address, and credit card number.
The security of your information is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% reliable and secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Retention of your Information
Further, we will retain your information only for as long as we need it for our legitimate interest in accordance with applicable law, or perform a service at your request, or to meet a legal requirement. At the end of the retention period, we will take steps to delete your information or hold it in a form that no longer identifies you.
Your choices regarding privacy
• Personal Data. You may decline to provide personal data when it is requested by us, but certain services or all of the services may be unavailable to you. If you have a bSecure account, you generally may review and edit personal data by logging in and updating the information directly or by contacting us.
• Direct Marketing: We may periodically send you free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our products and services, and also products and services of our Associated Undertakings, which we believe are useful for you, if you have consented(opted-in) to receive such messages via e-mail or any other electronic channel. If you do not wish to receive such communications anymore, you will always have the opportunity to "opt out" by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each of our direct marketing e-mails or by contacting us directly (please see our contact information at “how to contact us” below).Where permitted under applicable law, we may send you service messages identifying any updates to our Policy (even where you have opted out of receiving marketing messages from us).
• Informational and Other: We will send, as per our Customer T&Cs, communications to you that are required or necessary to send to users of our services, notifications that contain important information and other communications that you request from us. You may not opt out of receiving these communications.
What are your Data Protection Rights?
Depending on your residency and nationality, you may have various rights in relation to your information under the applicable laws, including the right to be informed, right of access, right of rectification, right to erasure, etc. You are advised to obtain independent legal advice in relation to your data protection rights under applicable laws.
If you have any comments, questions or complaints regarding this Policy or our processing of your information or would like to exercise any of your privacy rights, you can contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You may also contact us at:
Be Secure (Pvt) Limited 403, The Forum, Block 9, Clifton, Karachi. 75600, Pakistan